Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

White smoke out of tailpipe all the time, not just on startup.

Customer Question
changed pvc valve but no...
white smoke out of tailpipe all the time, not just on startup. changed pvc valve but no help. no water in the oil. coolant looks ok. car runs ok.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: its not getting hot, runs ok, just blowing white smoke. sometimes badly
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, can't afford mechanic prices
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: replaced pvc, nothing else i can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
4/30/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** .Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. .White smoke indicates burning water or coolant.. The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases. . Block tester available is: Napa BK.(###) ###-#### ***** Tester AUTOZONE Part Number:27145 http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search .*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures*** ... If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant. If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head. .Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok no exhaust gases in cooling system and no water in oil.
What is the year make model and engine of it please?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2005 ptg cruiser 2.4 L turbo. Just noticed oil dripping from tailpipe
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry, PT cruiser not ptg
I see, thanks. It is possible that the smoke appears to be white but is actually blueish, (burning oil). Do the cylinders have good compression? And, is there a lot of blowby?
Jerry, Master Mechanic