Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler 300c: My Chrysler 300c 2009 has a factory navigation

Customer Question
My Chrysler 300c 2009 has...
My Chrysler 300c 2009 has a factory navigation unit that I took out of another 2009 300c. Everything is working except the navigation map is showing that Im in Alabama when actually Im in NJ. I went thru all the settings antenna connected, made sure I changed my home state to NJ. the screen moves along as I drive so I would image I have a satellite connection. does any of this make sense. thanks Joe
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 day by:
4/23/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Inaccuracy was usually caused by lack of enough satellite coverage, but it's possible there is an issue in the radio or the antenna itself. Where did you install the GPS antenna?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right now it's not put together so antenna is facing up with the lip of the antenna resting on AC vent so clear path. I went into the back end by pressing seek up and down and menu button together and reset to factory but it didn't work I did look at the status which gives you number of satellites it is connected to. This seems to be the problem because it only is seeing 1 or 2 and sometimes 0 satellites at any given time. I believe it needs to have 4 sattelites to work properly.
Thanks
That's correct and is what I expected. Try putting the antenna on top the dash just for testing and see if you're able to get it up to 3-4 satellites.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The cable is not long enough it does have a clear path now. Doesn't make sense
Get the antenna out as far as you can and out into the open and see what it does. You've either got it mounted in an area that's obstructing it or the antenna is bad. I've had to move them around in the past to get enough coverage, but unless it's a new part you also don't know it's condition.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just purchased it from Chrysler dealer and installed I can try moving it around but the cable is only about 2 feet long I will do it in the am and get back to you
If the antenna is new then I'm quite sure it's just obstructed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well like I said I will move it around in the am and let you know how I did
Thanks
You're welcome.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The nav is working it must have been the placement of the antenna I'm getting 7 to 8 sattelites
Thanks for your help
You're welcome!
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician