Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2002 t&c limited trying to replace the digital ac

Customer Question
controller with the same type...
I have a 2002 t&c limited trying to replace the digital ac controller with the same type from 2005.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with AC issues. It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, or something slightly more complicated like a condenser. Any weird smells or rattling noises?
Customer: All works except power to ac compressor from switch is different can I just send 12 volt dc to one side of switch?
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to AC guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Damn good for 230000 miles
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes good with electronics need both wiring diagram both digital!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not to blow it up
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/19/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris
Chris, Technician
Hello and welcome to just answer The power to the AC compressor comes from the compressor relay. The relay is energized by the PCM (engine computer). The PCM gets the ac request over the PCI communication bus network from the HVAC control module (the part you just replaced). So in a nutshell, you cannot send 12 volt dc to the switch. You will damage the part you just replaced. Something else is keeping the compressor from coming on. (low refrigerant, bad relay, fuse, etc.). To properly diagnose this, you should use the DRB or Snap On scan tool to look at inputs and outputs of the HVAC and PCM. I can send you diagrams if you wish, but you still may need a scan tool. Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its just power line in to 2005 must take a different path the 2002 unit works but no display
Ok, if that is the case, then go ahead and do that. if it still has no display, then that 2005 unit must be defective. Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The 2002 works fine just no display the 2005 works(display,fan,divertor and light comes on (the snowflake) but no power to compressor. I see they have different part numbers can you send diagrams please thank you jesse
Gotcha. I will send diagrams when I get home from work in about 30 minutes. Chris
Ok, here is the wiring diagram for a 2002 RS minivan with auto temp control. I hope this helps, and if so when you get a minute would you please rate my service today? Thanks. Click on this link:
Hello, just checking back to see how it is going?Chris
Hello, just checking back to see how it is going? If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! ChrisChris
Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician