Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler 300 C: We are trying to start a Chysler 300 2.7 liter

Customer Question
We are trying to start...
We are trying to start a Chysler 300 2.7 liter that someone else installed the motor in. The fuel pumps have been replaced because someone put diesel in the tank. The issue now is we are getting fire but the guy working on said the injectors have no ground.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
4/14/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Hi there.Could be the anti-theft system preventing the engine from starting. Are cam and crank signals being shown on the scan tool?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This pretty much a shade tree shop.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They don't have much in scan tools and such. I am just a freind that has internet access trying to help them out.
I see, in that case I won't be able to help since all I can do is provide technical guidance and that will require them using the correct tools. I'll opt out so others may try. Please don't reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this request back to me.
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Ask them to try a few small shots of starting fluid into the throttle body. If it starts with starting fluid then the ignition is fine. It would most likely be a fuel system problem then and if they are sure there is voltage to the fuel injectors with the key on and there is no security light on, then it is most likely either a crank sensor or something like that is at fault or the ecm/pcm itself isn't pulsing the fuel injector grounds. If the check engine light is remaining on past bulb check the codes should be retrieved.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They haven't checked the car yet but if the security light stays on what should be done next.
Try a different key.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How's the 2 happy renters doing today?
What?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry
that's ok
JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.
Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician