Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

So my 2013 Chrysler 300c car started to smell the windshield

Customer Question
wipers went on radio stopped...
So my 2013 Chrysler 300c car started to smell the windshield wipers went on radio stopped working and now I smelled Burt wire and alternater was smelling gets locked up car won't start now tried to jump it and the jumper cables get hot
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: It did say battery saver mode on the screen before it went haywire
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
4/7/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The first thing you are going to need to do is make sure the battery is fully charged and the cable are clean and tight. Once you have verified that I would have the alternator tested if in fact the was the source of the burning smell. If the alternator has failed and you have low voltage this can cause all sorts of electrical issues. The alternator will likely have to be removed to have it properly tested.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician