Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

How do I disconnect car alarm on 2000 Chrysler sbrgjxiltd,

Customer Question
how do I disconnect car...
how do I disconnect car alarm on 2000 Chrysler sbrgjxiltd
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my car horn and lights were going off last night and police came at 4:30 am told me my car was going off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. my mechanic said the car has no alarm to it
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing at all.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/30/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

If in fact you have a factory alarm system and its active the car will not usually start and run if it can not read the keys, are you able to start and run the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please communicate by computer at this time

If you are able to start and run the engine then you likely do not have a factory alarm system and more likely an add on aftermarket unit. Are you able to have your mechanic have a look and see if you have an add on unit. If so then it can be removed . The factory alarm system can not be by passed..

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics