Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I was in a car accident and had my car repaired, however now

Customer Question
my radio and passenger side...
I was in a car accident and had my car repaired, however now my radio and passenger side mirror does not work.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The radio, SAT, Navigation no sound. When trying to adjust the side mirror no movement on the passenger side which is where the impact was. I am not sure if the wiring is on that side or FUSE?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have a Chrysler Apsen
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No everything else is ok. I would just love to have my sound back.
JA: Our top Chrysler Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chrysler Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chrysler Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
3/21/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The mirror issue could be the switch, wiring or the mirror itself. It will take some electrical testing to see for sure what is going on there.

The lack of sound from the radio is most likely an amplifier issue, whether it's the amp itself or a loss of power or ground to it.

The amp is in the right kick panel. Depending on how hard the hit was and exactly what work was done, it's very possible that both of these problems are related to the accident or the work that was done.

Was the door replaced or removed? Was the impact deeper than the door itself?

Do the locks and window work on the passenger door from it's own switch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The door was replaced. The impact was to the door mainly. Yes the locks and windows work..

Is it something you're looking to diagnose and repair yourself?

I assume fuses have been checked.

The next step would be to remove the right sill plate/kick panel and locate the amp, see if it's plugged in. They may have forgotten to plug the amp in if they had it unplugged during the repair. If it's actually plugged in then we'll need to test it's powers and grounds.

On the mirror you can either remove the door panel and test for power and ground at the mirror when attempting to move it, or you could open the boot between the body and door to inspect for broken wires.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician