Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I'm replacing my lower, passenger side control arm. I can't

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I'm replacing my lower, passenger side control arm. I can't get the bolt to release. It's the bolt in the arm that's next to the oil pan. 2002 chrysler sebring lx.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The bolt won't budge. And I don't see a place where there may be a nut on the other end of the bolt. The other side just has a bolt and no nut as well.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I'm already fixing it myself. That bolt is the last thing I need to get the lower control arm off.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: penetrating oil. beating it. breaker bar.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Chrysler Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chrysler Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chrysler Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Use heat to loosen the bolt threads. Get a propane torch and heat the bolt at the thread ends. Get it as hot as you can. That will help loosen up the bolt.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't access the bolt thread ends. The only visible part of the nut is the head. The rest runs through the control arm.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, get as close to the end as you can, or apply the heat at the head of the bolt. It will eventually travel to the threads.

Chris