Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 20 sebring with 2.5 now has 172k on it..engine and trans

Customer Question

my 20 sebring with 2.5 now has 172k on it..engine and trans running perfectly..but the key lock system just failed..... would a newer sebring with a bad 2.7 be able to use my engine if I just sell mine for "parts"???
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You would most likely have to replace the computer and wiring harness and possibly the transmission depending on the transmission in your model here to make this work.It may not be fully compatible either to swap over and make run and operate properly.It is best install the same engine in order for it to operate properly in this vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete