FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

My 1999 Chrysler 300m dashboard light, a/c unit light and

Customer Question

My 1999 Chrysler 300m dashboard light, a/c unit light and the radio sound doesn't work. When there is heavy rain, for some reason, the radio cuts on for a while, and then shuts off.
When I removed the dash for the radio and a/c unit, I bent the connector to the a/c and the screen came on then went off, so I'm confident that is a bad wire.
Now the dashboard light cuts off and on, but I can't pinpoint that one.
I need major help on diagnosing!!! Help me please!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello. my name is***** you for the question. These circuits all have a common ground that usually causes this. This ground is located at the lower center of the dash. This ground is either dirty or loose. I wish I had a picture of this but if you check in the center on the side of the console you should find it. Please let me know if you need more help.