Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 1993 chrysler lebaron 6 cylinder and when you put

Customer Question
it in drive it will...
i have a 1993 chrysler lebaron 6 cylinder and when you put it in drive it will drive a quarter of a mile then will not go any further, but you can put it in reverse and it will drive in reverse all day long, any ideas ?
But after letting it sit for a few hours it will drive in forward again for about a quarter mile.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
3/17/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

good evening my name is ***** ***** Iwill assist

it is a mechanical failure inside the transmission. the front clutch pack is failing and needs to be replaced. when in reverse, you use another clutch pack that is working properly

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is it a part you can get in a parts house and how difficult is it to replace as a diy.

you need to remove the transmission and dis assemble. when this is done, you would overhaul the transmission

have you ever done a transmission overhaul??

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but it has been several years ago when i was a kid . Do you have to overhaul the whole transmission or just that clutch pack?

you should do the whole transmission

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician