Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 Town & Country- used certified 51,000 miles. Battery…

Customer Question
2011 Town & Country- used...
2011 Town & Country- used certified 51,000 miles. Battery light comes on. Battery and alternator checked and they are normal. Tach goes wild... over 4000 RPM, no power, can feel transmission hard shifting sometimes... card loses power and all systems slow and then shut down. Van completely dead.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/13/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Has it been scanned for codes? Try this: Sometimes you can get the vehicle to display codes for you on the odometer. Get in the vehicle and close all the doors. Without starting the engine, cycle the ignition ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON within 5 seconds. Make sure to end in the ON position, and do it quickly within 5 seconds. Where the odometer is should now begin displaying "P-codes" (ie. P0455). Write down all of the codes and post them here... If you did it properly and there are no codes, it will display "DonE" on the odometer...

If that doesn't work My recommendation at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert