Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I fix the hood release on the inside. The latch came…

Customer Question
How do I fix the...
How do I fix the hood release on the inside. The latch came off in my hand because i pulled to hard.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/13/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the hood release came apart in some way then there is a good chance the handle is broken. Unless already worn, it shouldn't have come apart unless there was another issue such as the cable binding, the latch failing, or a hood/striker adjustment issue. The cable is serviced with the handle.

It's possible that the handle just popped off the pivot in which case it could just be reinstalled by lining it up and popping it back into place. It may be broken though, are you able to upload a picture of the handle and bracket?