Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No start 2005 chy,van

Customer Question
no start 2005 chy,van
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/9/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

What engine?

See if the engine will start for a few seconds after spraying a few small shots of starting fluid into the throttle body.

did not give much info first time,the van run into a trans shop to have the AWD transfer case replaced only wire unhooked was neg, battery,would crank and no start after reconnecting battery,scanned all sensors on engine are reading 5 volt out put,i know we have 5 volt fef,volts i have many codes like p0032,p0073,p0113,p0406,p0660,p0622 cleared all come back as soon as key turned on,tried all resets

What engine?

i will try that i can hear fuel pump run, and my versis does indicate not in anti theft mode

If it starts with starting fluid, check the fuses for the fuel injectors. If it don't start, check for a spark next unless you have a tachometer on the instrument cluster, if so see if the tach shows a cranking rpm or around 100 rpm or not. If not the primary ignition is at fault. If it does show a rpm, remove a spark plug and smell if it smells like gasoline and if so remove them all and either clean or replace them. Then try again.

You still have no told me what engine this is.

no start with starting fluid,no gas smell because we have not cranked engine a very long time if it does not run we quite
it is a 3.5 in a Chrysler Pacifica i think the problem lies why do we have a maxed out TPS with throttle closed map sensor at max volts with no air passing throw it,and all the other codes it is kicking,i know how to check a no start under normal conditions this is not normal i am a shop owner with 40 years in the business

It sounds like an ignition problem to me.

You never told me if you have spark or not.

Here is what those codes refer to:

p0032, O2 (B1 S1) Heater Circuit High

p0073, Ambient Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input

p0113, IAT Sensor Circuit High Input

p0406, EGR Position Sensor Circuit High Input

p0660, Manifold Tune Valve Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

p0622, GENERATOR FIELD CONTROL CIRCUIT

You say you do have 5 volts to all of these sensors, etc?

i know what all those sensors are and what they do yes they all 5 volt reference volt from the computer they all so are sending 5 volts back,like the TPS sweeps from .5 at idle to 5 volts at WOT it is at 5 volts with the throttle closed

None of those codes referred to the TPS. Perhaps since there are many codes referring to a loss of 5 volts, maybe it's the computer itself. Check the power and grounds to it.

did not list all the codes have p0123 also,
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the TPS is showing near wide open throttle then it will shut the injectors off but there is some contradictory information in your post. If it was showing 5v with the throttle closed then there would be a P0123 set without a doubt, but you also mentioned it was at .5v with the throttle closed. Can you double check to see which is correct?

i did say i had p0123 ,after a sleepless night trying to help my friend at the transmission shop,today at 6am i got van towed to my shop put on my lift found one of the Computer connectors pulled ont but still looking like it was connected slight push,every thing ok i asked 2 times if he checked,i thank you all for getting evolved,it was crazy all the codes and messed up data thanks again Don Dons high Tech

I'm glad you got it repaired!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician