Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Name is ***** *****. I just bought a 2008 Chrysler Town &

Customer Question
My Name is *****...

My Name is ***** *****. I just bought a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country and have an issue with all of a sudden the dash lights flashing, meters bouncing, brake light, abs light, dinging noise, trip computer disappearing. I have taken to the dealer 3 times and they can't get it to replicate and don't know what to do. I gave them a video and they still can't find the issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

All dash warning lights blinking with dinging bell. No reason why it happens. Sometimes when setting idle, some when on interstate going 80. The oil, battery, brake, ABS, TSP/BAS, the RPM and meter pins drop and rise quickly, the trip computer on the left side of the dash disappears, and sometime the whole console where the navigation will completely shut down, lights go out and then comes back up.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/10/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have a bus communication issue. If the instrument cluster isn't able to communicate with the respective modules then the warning lights will come on and gauges will drop out. If the radio is turning off though that may indicate a loss of power on multiple circuits at the same time, which could be a failed TIPM.

Do the lights and wipers come on by themselves when this happens?