Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Why are the inside lights on lately when driving?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/8/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Edward, Technician replied 2 years ago
Edward
Edward, Technician

Hello, Eddie here and I will do all I can to help. Your speaking of the interior dome lights being on while your driving at night?

They are on in the daylight too

It's probably a door lock switch. you don't have a door ajar message or door open symbol in the instrument cluster as well by chance?

no, just checked

Alright, Can you turn it off with the switch? or is it stuck on no matter what?

I pushed the buttons on the front overhead one but nothing

Does it burn the whole time? or does it go out when you turn the key off?

It goes out after a minute or so after turning the key off

Alright, This light assembly is controlled by a computer, the computer gets the inputs from the doors, and will switch on the dome lamp when it see's a door is opened. In my opinion, either the computer is getting false signal from a light switch, or the actual dome lamp assembly itself has failed. It would be a top priority in my opinion to have an advanced type scanner hooked up and monitor these switches and door switches, to make sure the computer see's all of these switch inputs and make sure that one of these isn't defective. It's either going to need a software download, or a new dome lamp assembly. If you could find another dome lamp assembly in a salvage yard for 20$ or less, I would certainly like to give that a try. And if that didn't fix it, It would have to be scanned to figure it out. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you!