Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My chrysler 06 town and country was involved in accident and…

Customer Question
My chrysler 06 town...

My chrysler 06 town and country was involved in accident and both air bags driver side steering wheel and knee were deployed. I replaced them but air bag

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Light is on . computer shows that occupant classification module active , diagnostic code. where its located and what does it mean

Mechanic's Assistant: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Just have replaced air bags

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/7/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: bill, chrysler master tech replied 2 years ago
bill
bill, chrysler master tech

we need to know the EXACT code the occupant classification module is setting, what your tool is giving you is that there is a code does it give the code number and/or description?

no code or other discription

what are you using for a reader, if the light is on there HAS to be a code, your particular reader may not be able to read them

where is this unit i mean OCM is located ?
where is the OCM unit located ?

sorry i am at work i just was able to read the email, the ocm os under the dash behind the center console, BUT unless the ocm is setting an internal failure code it likely is NOT the problem, you need to get the EXACT code the ocm is setting, and you cannot use a used one as they are programmed to your vin and cannot be reprogrammed