Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I HAVE a 98 sebri ltd 2.5 litre v_6. It has the locktronics

Customer Question

I HAVE a 98 sebri ltd 2.5 litre v_6 . It has the locktronics anti theft on it. The heater core was leking and got the electronic control module under the passenger seat wet. .now it wil jiust stop running
I have fporce it to gp thru cycle before it will start . T code key isnt tight loos e from wear
Auto mileage is 201k
.how do l fi x.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Please don't shoot the messenger (-(, but if the module got wet, then it would have to be replaced as it can't be repaired. Same with the worn key and lock cylinder.

Your least expensive option might be a licensed locksmith who can replace the parts and reprogram the module - they're usually much cheaper than the dealerships.