Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 300c. The passenger side blows cold air when…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 300c. The passenger side blows cold air when heat is on. Is there a simple and or cheap solution?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The passenger side dash vents blow cold air when the heat is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If its is fairly simple.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?

Sometime the car shuts off on me when i shift it in to drive from reverse...

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Mrchippeway, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mrchippeway
Mrchippeway, ASE Certified Technician

Hello I can help you with a diagnosis on your matter! My experience with chrysler vehicles tells me it's going to come down to 1 of 2 issues, 1. The heater core is plugged and needs to be power flushed out( most shops have machines or equipment that do this for you) 2. The blend door or actuator is faulty ( this is the actuator that changes the temp from warm to cold) when you turn the heat from cold to hot can you hear clicking noise from the dash? That could be a sign that the issue is with the door or actuator. I would suggest flushing the heater core first because it is the easiest and cheapest and most likely, and if that doesn't improve it at all! Then that only leaves the blend door. I hope this information can help you out with your vehicle. Thank you

Thank you. No i dont hear clicking. The temp will go to cold when i turn the control down it just wont go all the way hot. Its actually intermittent but often. I will try to flush the heater core. I also latey have a problem with when i shift from reverse into drive my car will shut off sometimes but will fire right back up. Any ideas, please help.

That stall out issue could be a torque converter! It has the ability to stall the engine if it isn't working properly especially from Park to drive, reverse to drive and when it gets really bad it will also stall pulling up to stop signs! Keep a eye on it and take note if it stalls any other time and gets more frequent