Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 Plymouth Voyager. it wont start unless i move…

Customer Question
i have a 2000 Plymouth...
i have a 2000 Plymouth Voyager. it wont start unless i move the wires in the steering column around. The dash lights and every thing comes on, but, it wont start till i hit the right spot! What should i try?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/7/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're able to move the wiring and reliably get it to start then you have a wiring or connection issue or possibly a bad ignition switch. You could be moving the wiring enough to move the ignition switch and allow it to start.

Odds are you have a connection or wiring issue. The first thing I would suspect is there is an aftermarket remote start or alarm installed and there are poor connections because of it. Remote start and alarm installations are often done poorly and connections are sub par which will cause problems in the future. You may be moving wiring enough to disturb one of these poor connections.

the firt thing you'll need to do is remove the knee blocker and possibly the steering column shroud, look for any obvious wiring or connection issues and you can wiggle test wiring to allow it to start, and try to locate the poor connection you're disturbing to allow it to start.