Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Chrysler Crossfire that intermitantly won't start!

Customer Question
The key will turn to...
I have a Chrysler Crossfire that intermitantly won't start! The key will turn to the start position, but it doesn't turn over! Starter, battery andcables have been checked.Every once and a while it will start up ! And sometimes you can hear a click.Any help would be appreciated. Also will not shift from park with brake depressed.
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/5cruk-chrysler-crossfire-won-t-start-start-position-doesn-t-turn-starter.html#ixzz428DMt3Lj
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Either the security system is causing this, or the ignition switch. Star with checking for power to the ignition switch and from it to the starter solenoid.

Thanks, Ron