Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need a new electric drivers seat Chrysler 1994 LHS grey…

Customer Question
I need a new...

I need a new electric drivers seat for my Chrysler 1994 LHS grey leather

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

All of the motors work but 1 side of the jackscrew does not go forward or back and its cocked the seat so I cant even bolt it down and now it doesn't go back or forth at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If I could I would but if I can replace the entire seat I would do that too

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?

My emergency brake light does not light up im thinking its the switch on the emergency brake itself

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/6/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I don't believe you'l be able to locate a new seat adjuster assembly due to the age but you should still be able to find a used one if necessary.

You may end up needing an adjuster assembly but it sounds as if you could have a track problem. There was an issue with the plastic in the guides breaking up which would then prevent the seat from moving. There was a recall and lifetime warranty on the tracks which could still be performed by your dealer if the VIN isn't restricted.

Have you inspected the tracks, or have you removed them to see if the fore/aft motor would then move?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician