sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I need a new electric drivers seat Chrysler 1994 LHS grey

Customer Question

I need a new electric drivers seat for my Chrysler 1994 LHS grey leather
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: all of the motors work but 1 side of the jackscrew does not go forward or back and its cocked the seat so I cant even bolt it down and now it doesn't go back or forth at all
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I could I would but if I can replace the entire seat I would do that too
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: my emergency brake light does not light up im thinking its the switch on the emergency brake itself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $11 after the Chrysler Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I don't believe you'l be able to locate a new seat adjuster assembly due to the age but you should still be able to find a used one if necessary.

You may end up needing an adjuster assembly but it sounds as if you could have a track problem. There was an issue with the plastic in the guides breaking up which would then prevent the seat from moving. There was a recall and lifetime warranty on the tracks which could still be performed by your dealer if the VIN isn't restricted.

Have you inspected the tracks, or have you removed them to see if the fore/aft motor would then move?