Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 Sebring and the top is…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 Sebring and the top is stuck. The rear deck will not close and the top will npt lay

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Top will not latch closed. When I try to retract the top nothing happens....just a motor noise coming from the rear fender well.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/5/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you hear a noise from the trunk when the top button is pressed you're most likely hearing the pump. If the pump is still running then you either have a mechanical issue preventing the top from moving, the pump has failed or there is a hydraulic fluid leak.

How close is the top from touching the header?

The top is about 2 inches from closing.I thought the whole system was electrical. If there is a leak, how can I tell?

You would start by checking the fluid level. Are you able to get the trunk lid open?

The rear deck lid is stuck in the oipen position.

I was wondering if you could open it from the rear but you have plenty of access with it being open that far. The noise you hear when pressing the top button is coming from the left rear of the inside of the trunk, correct?