Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do i reset a steering wheel angle sensor alarm on a

Customer Question
chrysler 2007 300 touring...
How do i reset a steering wheel angle sensor alarm on a chrysler 2007 300 touring
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/4/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: bill, chrysler master tech replied 2 years ago
bill
bill, chrysler master tech

what code are you getting?

there is NO steering angle sensor alarm, if the steering angle sensor has set a code it USUALLY must be replaced depending on what code is being set

C121a I disconnected my battery and got this alarm

initialization of the steering angle sensor is done with a scan tool,what type of scan tool are you using?

is this the ONLY code setting?

and what was the battery disconnected for, did you do any work on the steering system or steering wheel?

this code is not commonly set with JUST a battery disconnect

I was doing 2 things...I was changing my coolant thermostat sensor...and also cleaning my throttle body. That was the only code setting.
I do not have a scan tool...I used one for free at O'Reilly

that is a problem then, but without a scan tool the FIRST thing to try is turn the steering wheel from center to lock to lock then back to center WHILE the car is RUNNING and see if the code goes away, if it DOES NOT then a dealer level (not necessarily a dealer but a shop that has a high end scan tool) will need to perform an ABS initialization, if the code will not go away then the steering angle sensor will need to be replaced