Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

2006 chysler pacifica 3,5L oxygen senor and cataylist senor,

Customer Question

2006 chysler pacifica 3,5L oxygen senor and cataylist senor, no reading?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Do you mean the O2 sensor monitor and catalyst monitors are not showing as being ready during emission testing?

Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check engine light is on, 02 sensor and catalyst monitor are the 2 sensors to help you understand. I live in Virginia--my daughter owns the Chrysler lives in north Carolina. There you have to have a state safety inspection & emissions control test. It failed the test. The mechanic told her the O2 sensor & catylast sensor were not recording.I find it strange that two sensors would fail at the same time or would have bad connections or wiring at the same time. She did have valve work done on the engine. Could there be some other reason the sensors are not reading ?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, what the mechanic is referring to is system monitors for the O2 sensor and catalytic converter. They are not reading as ready. This happens automatically if the check engine light is on. It doesnt always mean that either the O2 sensor or converter are bad. It just means that the systems wont complete their cycle to set as ready due to the check engine light being on.

We need to know why the check engine light is on at this point. There are over 500 causes of the check engine light being tripped by the computer. So the computer needs to be scanned for fault codes which will tell us the area of concern.

Do you know if your daughter had that done yet, and if so, what are the fault codes? They will be Pxxxx codes - example - P0420

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks