Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I replaced my water pump on my 300c and when I started my

Customer Question
engine and let it run...
I replaced my water pump on my 300c and when I started my engine and let it run my oil ran out
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
3/4/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you please explain what you mean when you say your oil ran out. Are you saying you now have a leak since replacing the water pump and if so where dose the leak appear to be coming from. Post back when you can with as many details as you can and we can work from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced the water pump and started the car and as it ran it started to run hot so I shut it off and when look underneath the car I noticed that oil was pouring out from the rear top portion of the engine, but it seemed to do it when I shut the engine off.

Are you able to see what is leaking and where the oil is coming from?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All can see right now is drivers side Top rear portion of engine

That may be the intake gasket leaking but your going to need to clean it off and have a closer look to try and pinpoint it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what could have caused this, it wasn't happening before I replaced the pump.no

Unfortunately with out being able to see where the oil is coming from its would be very hard to say. At this point I can not tell you as I have never had this type of problem replacing the water pump. If you would like me to open the post back up for you to see if perhaps someone else has I can do that for you. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please dol

Doing so now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks
Ron, ASE Certified Technician