sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** *****, I have a 97 LHS, replaced the

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 97 LHS, replaced the battery fuel pump alternator and thermostat. car will crank but not start up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the fuel pump has been replaced then odds are you're missing spark.

There are quite a few things that can cause a loss of spark including the cam or crank sensor, the coil, wiring, or it may be improper cam timing. If the timing belt has jumped or broken then there will be no spark because the cam and crank signals aren't in sync.

Do you have fuel pressure?

Have you checked for fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have fuel pressure
And yes,we have check for codes
Nothing

Does the engine seem to crank faster and more freely than normal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it doesn't seem to have changed any. My father thinks it the factor alarm that is preventing it from starting

Do you have a scan tool, test light or digital voltmeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

It's going to take some electrical testing or a physical inspection of the timing belt to begin diagnosis.

How did you check for fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My father has the little machine, and tested the fuses as well

It's going to either take electrical testing from this point or the timing belt is going to need to be physically inspected. You could have a failed cam or crank sensor, a wiring issue, a failed coil, or you may have no spark because the timing belt has jumped or broken. You can try replacing the cam and crank sensors or coil, but I don't really recommend blindly replacing parts and especially with aftermarket. Aftermarket cam and crank sensors are known to cause repeat issues and you could unknowingly compound the problem with bad replacement parts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you wish me luck.

You're welcome and good luck!