Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 PT Cruiser I've had the computer reset I got a…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 PT...
I have a 2003 PT Cruiser I've had the computer reset I got a new Starter a new alternator and a new battery but sometimes when I go to turn my key it does nothing I have lights but it don't make no clicking no noises no nothing is it true that it could be a sensor my engine light turned on nothing the minute I jump the car it turns over
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/3/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

it sounds like a low voltage problem. can you check the voltage of the battery with a voltmeter???

Roy

I got a new battery 5 days ago. It's it possible it's a sensor? Cam

ok, what is the voltage at the battery?????

do not know at this point until I get some information

Roy

I brought it to ntb yesterday which is where I got the starter and battery last week. They said it was fine again. I have no idea on voltage. They didn't tell me. They said it sounds like either something in the ignition with wiring , computer,sensor or the keys

the fact that it starts with a jump indicates low voltage issue. that starts with the battery

Roy

how are you making out

My car is going to Chrysler because I know there's nothing wrong with the voltage I brought it next door to the mechanic and they said it's got to be something in the shaft or something with the keys or the aftermarket alarm must of messed it up or somethings wrong with the computer so I'm just straight up bringing it to Chrysler
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Before that, this has a starter motor relay. Try wiggling the relay in the socket in case it's just loose. Then try a new relay.

If it was a Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS) problem at least the PCM will allow the engine to start and run (for 2 seconds) up to six times. After the sixth attempt, the PCM disables the starter relay until the fault is corrected.

I don't believe it is this, unless of course it is running for only 2 seconds.