Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I HAVE 2008 PT CRUISIER AND I REPLACE SPAR PLUG AND WIRE

Customer Question

HI MY NAME IS KIKO I HAVE 2008 PT CRUISIER AND I REPLACE SPAR PLUG AND WIRE COIL INJECTOR UPER INTAKE MANIF AND STILL HAVE CODE 303 SOMETMES IN IDLE SP...950 RPM MISSING IN HWY IS PERFECT WHAT DO YOU SINK?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kiko, I'm Joe. How many miles are on your pt cruiser? I think I can help you figure this out but you'll need some testing tools. Do you have access to a compression gauge. The next thing I would do is a compression test. It's too soon to say with certainty but I'm thinking possibly a burnt exhaust valve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why if you have burnt valve some time the engine rum like baby and gismy 19.7 mill for gallon I have 90.000 mill?

If you're getting good spark, a new injector, then we need to check for vacuum leaks and/or compression. You might be able to find a vacuum leak by spraying carb cleaner around the intake and vacuum lines. This won't always show a problem though. You may need to hook a smoke machine to the intake. That's why I suggested checking compression first (smoke machines are expensive). Do you have access to a scan tool capable of reading live data? If so what are the fuel trims like? I'm afraid there is no cut and dry answer for this. Without proper test equipment it could get really expensive throwing parts at it until it's fixed. It takes fuel, air, spark, and compression. We need to figure out what is missing.

Did your new injector have new seals? If you re-used the injector seals this could cause a vacuum leak. Please answer all of my questions in this post and my previous post so we can get this figured out together.

If you're not satisfied with my response please let me know so I can opt out and perhaps another mechanic will be along with other ideas.