Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I HAVE A 2005 300 IT IS TURNING OVER BUT NOT STARTING

Customer Question
SOMEONE SAID IT LOST PROGRAMMING JA...
I HAVE A 2005 300 IT IS TURNING OVER BUT NOT STARTING SOMEONE SAID IT LOST PROGRAMMING
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: WILL NOT START BUT TURNS OVER DISCONNECT THE BATTERY TRY AND START HORN JUST KEEPS GOING OFF BUT WILL NOT START
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: IT HAS NO CODES IN IT I DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY HOOKED IT BACK UP TURNED IT OVER IT SPINS BUT THE HORNS JUST GOES OFF
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
3/3/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago
Reggie Whiddon

Hi. Your saying that when you connect the battery the car will spin over and the horns continue to blow and you have no codes.

The first thing that comes to mind is an aftermarket security system. Does your car have one? It may have been on the csr when you bought it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have bypassed it.... But is still doing it
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

You say bypass the only success I've ever had Is completely removing thr system and restoring wiring back to factory

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is removed and still doing the same thing could it of lost memory
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Reggie are you still there
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes sir I'm here no you could not have erased memoru

Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Try this remove both cables from battery clamp then together making good onnection. Then go inside cycle key through all positions then hook up positive first

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could it of just lost memory or program and need new key and program
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Are you sure all wiring is restored I ask because what thr csr is doing is not a factory response

Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Try that reboot procedure are u with csr now

Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Whst type scanner do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Reggie I wont be til in the morning
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

I want you to try thst and follow steps exactly

Are there any lights on in dash?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just a actron I don't understand why it does that when I disconnect the battery
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No lites no pending codes
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Well I can tel you this that is not part of any factory system. Therr is no part or software that would do that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought fuel pump til I disconnected battery hooked it up and tried starting it and the horn just kept going off
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Have you tried unlocking your door when it hapoens

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No and the fob doesn't work
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Is the battery dead in fob?

Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Try the reboot and if for some reason it doesn't work try using key and unlocking door when horn starts blowing

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure it is glued together
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Oh goodness

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is from a used car lot but the car did run..... Fob is glued together.... Could key fob be problem
Chrysler Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes thr fob could be transmitting constantly take it apart take battery put and then try

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics