Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I ***** ***** and I have a 99 chrysler cirrus and I have no…

Customer Question
I ***** ***** and...

I ***** ***** and I have a 99 chrysler cirrus and I have no spark I don't have voltage at the ASD plug on the distributor the ASD relay is not pulling in I have power going to the relay. I changed out relay with one I how is good. what next

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The car ran the other day. my son started it , and when he started moving the car just shut down. I have a new distributor in case that might be the problem.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/28/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: bill, chrysler master tech replied 2 years ago
bill
bill, chrysler master tech

ok did you pull any codes yet?

for this car you WILL need a code reader to get them the old key cycle method will not pull the codes properly

I have a very good code reader , No Codes at all.
I opened the relay up,and I can push the contact with my finger and I show power going to the ASD feed on the distributor until I release it .

is the computer responding?

if the ASD relay is not being engaged there MUST be a code, the computer monitors the ASD circuit continually

did you check ALL the relay circuits ?

remember there are 2 circuits in ALL relays 1 for the coil and 1 for the load.

is there a check engine light illuminated at key ON on the dash?

No the check engine light is not on.

it does NOT illuminate at all when you cycle the key on?

if not the computer is down and you need to see if it has power and ground

if you send the vin I can get the diagrams for the power circuits

1C3EJ56HXXN563765 VIN

ok here's a link to a word document with the computer pinouts and diagrams step 1 is check the listed fuses, the PDC is the UNDERHOOD FUSE BOX and the JB (or junction block) is the INTRIOR FUSE BOX

if he indicated fuses are good use a GOOD old fashioned test lamp and test for power and ground at the computer, you MUST have a good bright light and be within a tenth of the battery's voltage for the computer to work properly

You didn't send me the link for the word document. What voltage am I looking for 12 volt 13 volt

it sent in another reply

well since a car battery fully charged is 12.5 volts and the only time it is over that is when the car is running it should be around 12 volts, measure the voltage at the battery then do your tests

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics