Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My oxygen sensor need replacing in my Chrysler Town and

Customer Question
My oxygen sensor need...

My oxygen sensor need replacing in my Chrysler Town and Country Van 2005 the Man at Advance Auto hooked it up today and said for Me to go to Google and look up PO131 PO172 Po171 to see which one I needed for my Van

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My Van Here lately have acted like it want to cut off when I stop at a stop light ,and I can tell it wasn't getting full power while driving down the road

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/28/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

I am sorry for the long wait

the O2 sensor is located in the rear exhaust manifold and is a 1 to 1 1/2 hour job to change as the location is very challenging to get to that O2 sensor

but in a nut shell you need to start by replacing that O2 sensor also called bank 1 sensor 1

i would change it and clear the codes and if those codes reset or it still has this low power and stall issue the engine needs to be checked for vacuum leaks and for low fuel pressure

1. Remove battery, refer to the Battery section for more information.
  2. Remove the battery tray, refer to the Battery section for more information.
  3. Disconnect the speed control vacuum harness from servo.
  4. Disconnect the electrical connector from servo.
  5. Remove the speed control servo and bracket and reposition

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?

Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician