Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. I need to replace the carpet in the…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I need to replace the carpet in the cargo area of my 2014 Town and Country. I have the replacement carpet from the dealer. How do I get the 3rd row seat belt bolt off on each side? It has a black rubber cover over it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That doesn't help me. I need to get the rubber cover off. Can I do that without tearing it up? Does the bolt take a special wrench?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/27/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: gomi_otaku, Technician replied 2 years ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician

You just slide the rubber cover slightly up, and hold it there while you remove the bolt. It may fold, but hey, it's rubber. It doesn't crimp or anything. IIRC the bolt should be a 19mm bolt.