Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How can i remove a dvd stuck in my dvd player of my 2005…

Customer Question
how can i remove a...
how can i remove a dvd stuck in my dvd player of my 2005 chrysler t&c LE
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
this is taking to long for an answer
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the dvd player making any noise when trying to eject it?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

ut does make noise
it
please help me pete
hello you there

I am here.I will send the offer for the phone call request you asked for.You can accept it if you like to speak on the phone or we can continue here.If you want to continue here just reply here when ready.

Thanks Pete

let contiune here

O.k.,was the dvd damaged at all or have a thick after market label on it at all when it was inserted into the dvd player?

i bought my car used for a dealer and it was already stuck
i notice after i purchase the chrysier that it was a dvd stuck in the player

O.k.,what fails is the dvd drive eject mechanism breaks internally inside the dvd player itself or the dvd itself was damaged or had an after market thick label (as seen on burned dvd's) that can cause the jam and damage to the eject mechanism unfortunately.

What has to be done from here is the dvd player will either need removed and sent in for repair to an authorized repair center or removed and replaced to correct this.I have had to do both before for issues like this here.I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear on this here but unfortunately this is what has to be done with an issue with the dvd player like this here.

Unfortunately the cost will vary all depending on the electronic repair facilities charges or the dealer or used part prices.I know you can usually obtain a used one from a place like http://www.car-part.com.They can ship it to your door as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

this is not helping i need to know how can i do it myself

Unfortunately I dont have a procedure myself on how to repair this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

i thought you was a professional i need someone with the right answer
this is getting me no where and just getting really upset.
Chrysler Mechanic: Lou P, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** was going over the info between you and pete and the one big question i have is, if you get the disc out what is your next step because if the first disc was stuck then you can bet money that the next disc will get stuck as well. so your best bet is to replace the unit as we are not supplied internal repair info at the dealer for these, we do not make these although you can find repair places all over the place. Lou p.