sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Heater only, 200 2012, it only heats on driver side, is it

Customer Question

heater only
JA: What model and year is your Chrysler?
Customer:(###) ###-####
JA: Nice car. The Chrysler Mechanic can help you with your '12 200 . Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it only heats on driver side
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: is it possible is the heater core
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Chrysler Mechanic now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it were a dual zone system and there was a temperature difference between sides then a blend door or actuator issue on the offending side would be possible, but if you have a single zone system then you have a restricted heater core.

The issue is cooling system corrosion due to acidity. The aluminum in the radiator, heater core and oil cooler breaks down and the aluminum oxide then restricts the heater core. This will require flushing the cooling system, replacing the radiator and heater core, and the oil cooler if you have a 3.6.