Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

O5 Chrysler crossfire 22000mi brakes go almost to floor,have…

Customer Question
o5 Chrysler crossfire 22000mi brakes...
o5 Chrysler crossfire 22000mi brakes go almost to floor,have replaced master cyl, bleed lines.the esp-bas light was on, fixed light by turning wheels right and left.but still bad brakes,suguestins please,also who should fix it if I cant Chrysler or mercedes
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/24/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Matt, Engineer

I'd double check all the unions for tightness on all the joints.
Also I'd use a pressure bleeder such as Easibleed to push fluid through to each corner first then use the two person method below to bleed the brakes.

I favour having a clear hose from the nipple to a jar 1/2 full of old fluid and with the nipple closed your assistant pushes the pedal up and down a few times then holds it down then you crack open the nipple and close it again whilst fluid is still flowing.

Repeat this a few times on all calipers and start with the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder.

If you still have an issue then it could be a flexible brake line is ballooning under pressure, this can't always be seen from the outside so to test this use a hose clamp on each line in turn to close off then lines one at time . Push the pedal in between and see if you can feel any difference as each line is closed off.

and lastly its possible that there's air trapped in the ABS pump

if you take the car for a short drive and hit the brakes hard as you can to get the pump to trigger and then try re-bleeding again this often works

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you