Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I want to disable my factory alarm, I just got a new alarm…

Customer Question
I want to disable...

I want to disable my factory alarm, I just got a new alarm system installed

Mechanic's Assistant: What model and year is your Chrysler?

2002 chrysler pt cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Nice car. The Chrysler Mechanic can help you with your '02 PT Cruiser. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I had an off market alarm system installed on it, but every time i go to open the door the factory alarm sounds

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I was wondering if there was a way that i could just get the factory alarmed disabled and if I could do it myself even better

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Chrysler Mechanic now?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/24/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Does yours have both the factory alarm and the factory immobilizer/anti theft system? If it does, you cannot disable the alarm without disabling the immobilizer system as well which puts the vehicle in a no start condition until it is reprogrammed with factory scan tool and software

I have no idea. How would I find that out?

HI,

When you turn the key to the on position, there should be a small round light that comes on directly between the fuel and temperature gages(see attached) and then goes off. If yours has this, it has the anti theft/immobilizer system

it has that. So what do I do about turning the alarm off

HI,

Because the anti theft/immoblizer and alarm are incorporated into one system, you cannot just turn it off, otherwise you disable the starting system as it will prevent the engine from starting.