Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Thanbk u ..it shuts off while driving coming to a stop

Customer Question
Hello thanbk u ..it...

Hello thanbk u ..it shuts off while driving coming to a stop exiting the freeway chrysler dealership couldnt figure it out

Mechanic's Assistant: What model and year is your Chrysler?

2005 touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Nice car. The Chrysler Mechanic can help you with your '05 Touring. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Its shuts off no error or code and i can barely break im lucky no one was in fronjt of me

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Ive been too 3 autoelectric shops and one dealership i was hoping toi fix it but i see this is problem that chrysler is not disclosing as i see numerous people with same issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Chrysler Mechanic now?

P[lease

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/24/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to die. If it drags the engine down quickly and kills it then the torque converter clutch coming on would be the most likely cause, the EGR valve hanging open due to an inaccurate internal position sensor is also a common cause of dying at stops or running rough at low speeds.

What model is the vehicle?

Are any fault codes setting?

2005 touring v6 3.8
There are no codes or check engine so they can not diagnose

I assume the model is Town and Country then, correct?