Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2008 chrysler sebring convertible that I broke the

Customer Question
exterior driver side door handle...
I have a 2008 chrysler sebring convertible that I broke the exterior driver side door handle off in a central Illinois ice storm about 1 & 1/2 mo ago. I bought a new one online & tried to put it on after watching a you-tube video. My brother & I got the door trim panel off & put back on after failing to remove the bro***** *****dle, but the You-tube videos I watched were not specific for my make/model and of no real help. I looked online for repair nanuals & was unsuccessful. Can you help me with the details of what I need to complete this repair myself?
Sincere thanks,
Brian J Reilly
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
2/23/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

This is not all that difficult. Below is an image and directions in a link to follow.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/doorhandle.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Moose,
When we had the door panel off on Saturday, we took off a couple of bolts. One was a torx the other was I believe a 10ml, but I don't remember. The big silver metal latch mechanism was still in the way. It had 2 torx adjustment screws for adjusting the window up and down and in and out. Need to know what are the type of nuts to remove. Size in mm or are they torx screws.
Thanks a lot
Brian

That info is not included in repair guides. If memory serves me. I believe the 3 screws are 8mm heads. I would need to see a picture or see it in person to find out and or refresh my memory from doing this in the past.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Moose,
I e-mailed back on the 27th, but apparently I must have done it the wrong way & you didn't receive it. Here is what I asked:
Hi moose,
Thanks for forwarding the pix of the exterior driver side handle for m,y '08 Chrysler Sebring convertible. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer my question. With the door panel off, I can't see the 3 nuts. What size are they, how do I access them, & are they torx screws? As I mentioned before, there is a big silver part in the way. It might be the latch mechanism. It's about 4" x4" and has 2 torx screws through it for fine tuning the window up or down or in and out. There are 2 rubber access panels near it but we still can't see the nuts with these out. There is a large hard plastic shield secured by 8 or 9 bolts (maybe 10 ml). we did not remove this. Is this the carrier plate & does it need to be removed for this repair?
Thanks again,
Brian

This is what I got on the 23rd.

Hi Moose,
Thanks a lot
Brian

This is what I wrote on the 23rd.

Would you like the latch removal steps to see if that helps gain access. I wish i ha one here to look at. I have done to many and just can not remember what it looks like from memory.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dear ***** (AKA Moose),
Not enough information. Please, in detail, tell me how to accomplish the removal of the bro***** *****dle & reinstallation of my replacement part. Thanks in advance.
Brian

With the door trim off, you should be able to easily see the screws holding the exterior door handle on. Below is an image.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/doortrim.png

Hello again Chris here,

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician