Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Chrysler 300 Limited No Bus on Dash display). car

Customer Question
won't start. 1.Battery went dead...
2005 Chrysler 300 Limited No Bus on Dash display). car won't start. 1.Battery went dead 2. Hooked up jumper to posts under hood in order to pop trunk to charge battery. 3. Disconnected battery hooked up charger. 4. battery fully charged removed charger re-connected battery. 5. Attempted to start car... started for about 4 seconds and killed, did this five times. 5. Now car will not turnover... car has power, light and locks work BUT no radio, wipers or windows.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/22/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Your car has two CAN bus communication networks which modules communicate with each other on. You're seeing the message because communication isn't happening, the engine started and died because the wireless control module isn't able to communicate with the powertrain control module.

Was polarity reversed at any time?

Were jumper cables or the battery connected while the key was in the run or unlock position?

Found the problem. Moonroof drain tubes failed. Water under carpet

Great!

Not that great

You didn't find the problem?

Yeah. And it's not great. What a stupid design. The carpet will never be the same, the headliner is wrecked, mold everywhere and who knows how many modules have been damaged.

I hope you can get it repaired quickly and easily.