Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2010 Chrysler Grand Voyager
, Air motor makes…

Customer Question
Hello I have 2010...

Hello I have 2010 Chrysler Grand Voyager

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. How can we be of help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Air motor makes sound but air wont come out, it like makes sound like it blows air but it does not

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Sometimes only partially blows to leg direction

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?

Yes certainly its chrysler

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Since i couldnt give my phone number there, Would be nice if could get answer here
2/22/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a handful of things you could have going on.

There may be a physical blockage in the heater box or blower motor intake. Something foreign such as rodent nest material or leaves can block the air intake, and in rare cases I've seen enough dust solidify on an evaporator to restrict airflow. The recirculation door itself may have broken and then fell to block the blower motor inlet.

It's also possible that the blower motor is running but not at the speed it should be so air volume is decreased. The problem could be the motor itself or a poor power or ground. I've seen blower motors fail and I've also seen connection issues at the TIPM causing the blower motor to run slowly.

Hello,It makes sound like it blows, but it does not, where is it located, so I could check it and get back to you?
Can you tell me positions of Heater box, blower motor intake or where is that door located?Because there is no dust, leafs or anything because car stood in garage since summer everything worked and now with just super cold weathers it does not. mileage is 40k on the car.

The heater box is behind the dash and will require dash removal if it does need to come out. The blower motor is on the bottom of the heater box on the right side and is accessed from under the glovebox area.