Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My van did not come with remote start or an alarm so I am…

Customer Question
My van did not...

My van did not come with remote start or an alarm so I am installing the Fortin Evo-Onethat is a remote starter and alarm. The remote start works fine I just want to use the horn for the alarm side I need to know the correct wire color from the steering wheel column harness. The wirecolor.com site has a color table that calls out a dark green/purple inside the steering wheel column harness but I do not have any wires with that color. I need to the correct color. I am assuming that the horn switch goes to ground on pressing the switch to complete the circuit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Alarm uses negative trigger for the horn output. thanks, Bruce

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
This is for a 2011 town and country.
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/21/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

COLOR LOCATION

12 VOLT CONSTANT RED (+) @ BATTERY or TIPM, Note #2

STARTER SEE NOTE #1

STARTER 2 N/A

IGNITION 1 PINK/WHITE (+) @ WIRELESS IGNITION NODE (12-PIN PLUG) PIN 3, Note #3

IGNITION 2 N/A

IGNITION 3 N/A

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 SEE NOTE #1

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A

KEYSENSE N/A

PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) WHITE/BROWN (-) thru a 1000 Ohm Resistor Must use a relay to isolate (5-wire) white/brown wire from switch while triggering @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH or INSTRUMENT CLUSTER(PLUG(C2) PIN 9

PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) LT. BLUE(+) (Left) and WHITE/PURPLE(+) (Right) in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or TIPM (PLUG(C5) PINS 8 and 36, Note #2

POWER LOCK PURPLE/DK. GREEN (-) thru a 330 Ohm Resistor (Base Models) in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or TIPM (PLUG(C7) Pin 2, Note #2

POWER UNLOCK Use LOCK wire, (-) thru a 100 Ohm Resistor, Note #4

DOOR TRIGGER PURPLE (-) in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or TIPM (PLUG(C7) Pin 11, Note #2

DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION YELLOW/PURPLE (+) @ PASSENGER A PILLAR or INSTRUMENT CLUSTER(PLUG(C2) PIN 4

TRUNK RELEASE PURPLE/TAN (-) thru a Resistor (Power Liftgate) @ Power Liftgate Switch or PLM, (22-PIN PLUG) PIN 14, Note #5

SLIDING POWER DOOR PURPLE/DK. BLUE (-) thru a Resistor (Power Liftgate) Note #6 @ SLIDING DOOR Switch or INSTRUMENT CLUSTER (PLUG(C2) PIN 1

HORN DK. GREEN/PURPLE (-) @ HORN SWITCH or INSTRUMENT CLUSTER(PLUG(C3) PIN 10

TACH Any wire NOT BROWN/WHITE (AC) @ Any FUEL-INJECTOR

WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A

BRAKE WHITE/DK. GREEN (+) @ BRAKE SWITCH or TIPM (PLUG(C7) Pin 10, Note #2

FACTORY ALARM DISARM DISARMS with FACTORY REMOTE ONLY!!

ANTI-THEFT CHRYSLER'S MULTIPLEX IGNITION/ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, See NOTE #1

EXTRA INFORMATION

NOTE #1: This Vehicle is Equipped with CHRYSLERS MULTIPLEX IGNITION/ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM that requires a INTERFACE BYPASS MODULE Part # ***** or XK09 for REMOTE STARTING and for the KEYLESS ENTRY, when using the Interface Bypass the Resistors for the Door Locks is no longer needed, either of these Modules will work for this vehicle, to order go to the INTERFACE BYPASS MODULE Page on this website. Note #2: the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Modlue) is located in the Engine Compartment, on the Drivers side. Note #3: the WIRELESS IGNITION NODE is part of the IGNITION Switch. Note #4: on all other models use the LT. GREEN/WHITE (-) @ the PASSENGER DOOR Lock Switch or the PDM( Passenger door Module) PLUG (C5) PIN 4. The PDM is located in the Passenger Door. Note #5: the PLM (Power Liftgate Module) is located in the Driver side Rear Quarter Panel. Note #6: You can also use a PURPLE/DK. GREEN (-) @ the LEFT "B" Pillar Switch or TIPM (PLUG(C7) PIN 36

I do not have the dark green/purple wire in the harness that goes to the steering column. I have a light green/purple or is there two harnesses that go to the steering wheel. I just see the one that comes from the bottom of the dashboard.

The horn relay plugs into the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) which is located in the engine compartment

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy