How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cloe0626 Your Own Question
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 819
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
cloe0626 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a 2007 Pacifica in nice condition last summer

Customer Question

I purchased a 2007 Pacifica in nice condition last summer except that I shortly found out that it has a crack in the transmission case, not disclosed by the dealer. As a result, I've been making the dealer fill it up once a month. It consistently loses about 1 quart of fluid every month but otherwise seems to be working just fine. The dealer won't fix it for free because they won't allow that it was cracked when they sold it. The dealer mechanic says it was leaking when they got it (I got this out of him because I know him). He also says that it is fixable. I don't want advice regarding how to handle these guys, but rather whether you think it can be fixed by some other mechanic not involved with the dishonesty issue. I like the car. It rides really well and doesn't seem to have any other problems except that the body shop says it was in an accident. It has a mis-matched back bumper. I had the body shop guy touch up all the rust starts so I can keep it nice for a few years. As you can tell, I take good care of my used vehicles and watch them carefully. I would be willing to pay to get it fixed if it would solve the problem. What do you think? "A 66 year old female anthropology professor in Omaha."
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

yes it can be fixed no doubt your going to be looking at around 800 dollars give or take not sure about the area that you are in