Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My 2009 Chrysler 300 shut off while I was driving. I was

Customer Question
My 2009 Chrysler 300 shut...
My 2009 Chrysler 300 shut off while I was driving. I was going about 45 MPH and was able to coast into a church parking lot. The car restarted and I drove it home. This is the second time that this has happened. 4 months ago, it did the same thing.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I am not mechanically inclined at all. I clicked on this link reading a similar situation submitted 5 years ago.
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: There wasn't any odd noise, I was driving and then all of the sudden the radio turned off and the car became very stiff, I looked at my dashboard and noticed everything dropped to an off position. DANGEROUS and scary!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
2/20/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out. After it stalled, and you pulled over, didit restart immediately or did you have to wait for a few minutes before it would restart?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It restarted it immediately.

Ok thanks. Since everything shutt down I think you may have a failing ignition switch or main battery feed. Has anyone looked at the vehicle for this issue before?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, they haven't

Ok, this is a "loss of ignition or power feed" from the Battery itself, or the TIPM ( under hood fuse box ), or the ignition switch. Have a shop you trust check for loose connections or a failing ignition switch. Should be pretty easy to find if the shop is good with electrical. I hope that this information is helpful and if you need my opinion on what they find, let me know and I will continue to help.

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician