bill
bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert
5203640

My radio on my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica suddenly stopped

Customer Question

My radio on my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica suddenly stopped producing sound. I have checked the fuses and it appears to be the Amp fuse. I tried to replace it but it blows immediately. What should be my next step in getting my radio to produce sound? -***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My radio on my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica suddenly stopped producing sound. I have checked the fuses and it appears to be the Amp fuse. I tried to replace it but it blows immediately. What should be my next step in getting my radio to produce sound?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

if a fuse blows immediately there is a short circuit, what's your skill level and do you know how to read and follow a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at all expert level. I could probably follow a wiring diagram.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

ok I need the vin to get the location and any available wiring diagrams, BUT you will need a good test lamp and a digital volt ohm meter to do any testing, and the ability to use them properly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the amp located?
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

I need the vin to pull the correct info on your car

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2A4GM8486R863392
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY CORRECTION
2A4GM68486R863392
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

thanks, ***** ***** 2 possible locations, the location will depend on the BRAND of amp,the options list on your car DOES NOT say which, the first place is behind the left rear seat in the jack and lug wrench compartment

the other place is under the rear floor stowage/storage tray is located (your options say you have the 200 amp sound system so I would bet the amp in under the stowage compartment.

here is a link to the procedure to remove the amp.

I would unplug the amp and replace the fuse if it NO LONGER blows you need a new amp OR find a local radio repair shop and see if they can service your amp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2wo8ap5fzvbyta/amp.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

not done yet lets see I the amp is the problem OR a wirng first step is isolate the amp and see if the fuse blows