Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had my carpet pad replaced and the guy thought my battery…

Customer Question
I had my carpet...

I had my carpet pad replaced and the guy thought my battery died, so he was trying to jump start it. when I got home, I found out the passenger door lock does not unlock with key or unlock button, also the same for the rear cargo door. what do I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When I try to unlock the passenger front door, the lock does not move, seems like it is stuck. the remote key unlock does not unlock it, neither does the power lock button, nor the regular key. same with the rear cargo door. all other doors work.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/18/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

what is the year,make and model?

It is a 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager, 3.3 liter

lets try something simple here,,

remove both battery cables from the battery,touch and hold both the - and the + cables together for 5 seconds,then re-install the cables back to the battery.

let me know if that worked.

thanks

It didn't work, ok, I noticed that my two front doors do not lock or unlock and rear door the same with the power lock buttons nor with the key fob buttons. I still can't unlock the passenger door manually but the driver door I can do manually. The rear door I can't unlock it at all. The two sliding doors however are Working fine.

ok..

i would think that the wiring was moved/damaged during the carpet install sense it did work before..

you may need to take it back to the installer and have it removed and check the wiring