Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica FWD 3.5L engine. It has

Customer Question
65,407 original ***** *****. I...
I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica FWD 3.5L engine. It has 65,407 original ***** *****. I took a little trip in it, about 350 ***** *****. The first time I used it again after the trip, I noticed it was running a little ruff. About the time I realized something wasn't quite right, the check engine light popped on. I checked the code & is says P0304. I guess that means a misfire in the #4 cylinder? What can I do to fix this? Is this a common problem with this model & engine?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Only that when you start the car, it is idling ruff & the check engine light is on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
2/18/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

A misfire on one cylinder like this here (cylinder 4) can indicate a fault with a worn spark plug,spark plug wire/boot at fault or ignition coil at fault.This can also be an issue with a faulty fuel injector that isnt atomizing fuel into the cylinder properly or even low cylinder compression on the #4 cylinder due to an issue with piston rings,cylinder wall damage or valve damage in the cylinder head.

This will have to be tested/diagnosed further to locate the cause of the misfire and then from there repaired.

I would start off with having a compression test done to make sure this isnt a fault with piston rings,cylinder wall or valve damage.Then from there the fuel injector needs tested as well as spark to the cylinder to locate which is the cause.

Most common is a spark plug needing replaced or an issue with the ignition coil or a fuel injector fault.This will need tested/checked further to locate and repair this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician