Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

, I am looking to find where the MAF Sensor is on my…

Customer Question
I am looking to...

I am looking to find where the MAF Sensor is on my 22009 Dodge Journey with a 3.5litre engine

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
2/18/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

its not equipped with one what are you trying to do?

the car is jerky and has a rough idle.

is the engine light on?

it is on

have you scanned for codes?

The check engine light comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.
The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.

Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds