Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I got the code cylinder 2 misfire. My mechanic checked spark

Customer Question

I got the code for a cylinder 2 misfire. My mechanic checked spark plugs, etc. - everything checks, so he says the only other thing it could be is very $$$ valve work. This morning, the check engine light went out! What should I do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No.
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: 59,000 miles. Seems to run a little rough at idling , sometimes (rarely) starts rough, otherwise runs fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It really all depends on how much diagnosis your mechanic has done thus far.

I agree that if he has changed the plug, could and injector then the only thing left that could cause a misfire would be valve related. However, it could be something as simple as carbon buildup on the valves that aren't allowing them to seat properly.

The mechanic should perform compression and leak down tests to determine the condition of the valve without dissasembly of the engine.

Do you want to try performing these tests yourself?

Did the mechanic change the coil, plug and injector?

What year and model is your vehicle?