Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2014 chrysler 200 lx my drivers door vandelized. i drove car

Customer Question
a few days before putting...
2014 chrysler 200 lx my drivers door vandelized. i drove car a few days before putting in bodyshop. i had to have it towed there because security light came on and now vehicle won;t start. they fixed door and tried starting still nothing. helo
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
2/16/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have tried to lock and unlock the doors with the remotes or metal key blade (if the door cylinder is equipped on this model ) and the security system has not disengaged what will have to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set with a scan tool that can plug into your vehicle and communicate with all computers.If any codes are set (which there will be at least one set) the code(s) will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.In some cases the codes just need cleared out with a scan tool to reset the computer to allow starting.

What may need done is to have the computer theft reprogrammed by a dealer to accept and recognize the key signal.This requires a dealers scan tool/computer and can take up to an hours labor charge to have done.This is the case most of the time if the computer no longer recognizes the key signal.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cleared codes one code remained PO513 Incorrect immobilizer key. got locksmith to reprogram key car will not communicate to enter code. fuses are good. help.

Are you saying there is no communication with the WCM (wireless control module)?

Pete, Technician